Chef John DeLucie's Royal Chopped Salad Recipe
Daily Value: 31%
Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, Wheat-Free, Egg-Free, Peanut-Free, Tree-Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
|Folic Acid (B9)||620µg||155%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||26g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||6g||0%|
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
Chef John DeLucie uses tropical hearts of palm in this chopped salad that’s a wonderful vegetarian starter or side dish.
- 1 head Boston Bibb lettuce, washed and diced fine
- 1 head red Romaine lettuce, washed and diced fine
- One 14-ounce can of Costa Rican hearts of palm, diced fine
- 2-3 large tomatoes, preferably Lucky’s Real Tomatoes, diced fine.
- 2 ripe Hass avocados, diced fine
- 1 red onion, diced fine
- One 15-ounce can chickpeas, diced fine
- ½ ounce Manchego cheese, diced fine, plus more for a grated garnish
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Combine all of the chopped ingredients in a large serving bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the vinegar and oil, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Adjust the amount of vinegar and oil to your preference, and pour ¾ of it over the salad, tossing to combine. Taste and re-dress or re-season as needed. Garnish with the grated Manchego if desired.
Recipe DetailsServings: 4