- Earl S. (Tupperware) Tupper born (1907)
Chef David Burke’s Dishwasher Thanksgiving Turkey
- 2 boneless turkey breasts, 2 3/4 pounds each
- 4 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- 3 Tablespoons chopped sage
- 3 Tablespoons chopped thyme
- 4 Tablespoons chopped garlic
- 4 Tablespoons chopped shallots
- 1 Cup olive oil
- 3 Tablespoons salt
- 2 Tablespoons black pepper
If your oven fails this holiday, you can cook your turkey in the diswasher.
When and why did David first try this? In 1982, he was serving as a private chef for a family in Oslo, Norway. The group of chefs caught a 10-pound salmon — as per the request from the family to have cold poached salmon on the buffet that Sunday evening. After realizing they did not have a pot large enough to cook it in, David seasoned and wrapped the salmon and then hung it on the top rack of the dishwasher where the glasses typically go. Three cycles later, he was rewarded with a perfectly poached fish and has been experimenting ever since.
Combine herbs, garlic, shallots, salt, and pepper with olive oil. Rub into turkey breast and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Place in Tupperware and sit on top shelf of dishwasher.
Run dishwasher for 3 full cycles for a total time of about 3 hours and 25 minutes. Let sit for 25 minutes then place under broiler to crisp skin for finish.