• Culinary Style: New American
• Restaurants: Charlie Trotter's
• Date of Birth: September 8th, 1959
• Signature Dish: The Vegetable Dégustation. In addition to offering a Grand tasting menu that includes meat, Charlie Trotter's vegetable-only menu is considered his most notable culinary achievement.
• Education: Trotter has a B.S. in political science from the University Of Wisconsin in Madison, WI.
• Awards: Trotter has received nine James Beard Foundation awards, five stars from the Mobil Travel Guide, and four stars from The Chicago Tribune, among many other accolades.
• Notable Mentions: The esteemed alumni to have worked in the kitchen at Charlie Trotters include Grant Achatz, Homaru Cantu, Graham Elliot, and Giuseppi Tentori.
DID YOU KNOW?
Charlie Trotter has teamed up with United Airlines to design the meals for their first and business class international flights.