- Juan Mari Arzak born (1942)
Cheesy Broccoli Bake
- 3 Cups Rice Krispies cereal
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 Cups milk
- 1 Cup shredded, sharp Cheddar cheese
- 11 Ounces whole-kernel corn
- 10 Ounces frozen broccoli florets, thawed and drained
Rice Krispies cereal gives a crispy crunch to this classic casserole.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a 2-quart saucepan, melt butter. In mixing bowl, combine the Rice Krispies cereal and 1 tablespoon of the butter. Set aside for topping.
To remaining butter in pan, stir in flour. Add milk, stirring until smooth. Cook over medium heat until mixture boils, stirring constantly. Continue cooking and stirring 1 minute longer. Add cheese, stirring until melted. Remove from heat. Stir in corn.
Place broccoli in bottom of 10-by-6-by-2-inch (1 1/2-quart) baking dish. Pour sauce evenly over broccoli. Sprinkle with cereal topping. Bake about 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated and cereal has browned.