- Ice Cream Sandwich Day
Chain Tries Predicting Election Results with Tortilla Chips
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- FBI Subpoenas Texts from Subway Guy Jared Fogle
- Donald Trump Sues Chef José Andrés for $10 Million
- An Interview with Miami Chef Alex Chang: Part 2
- An Interview with Miami Chef Alex Chang: Part 1
- Andrew Zimmern’s Comfort Food Is Gas Station Pizza, and Other Things We Learned About the ‘Bizarre Foods’ Host
Although it's hard to accurately predict the results of an election, California chain California Tortilla has decided to attempt just that, using tortilla chips.
In a segment airing on H2, a sister-network of the History Channel, California Tortilla decided to use red and blue tortilla chips to predict how the upcoming election will play out.
Naturally, the clip will be in How the States Got Their Shapes, a show about American history. The tortilla chip experiment will premiere Saturday, Sept. 29 at 10 p.m., but we have some serious doubts about the results.
This isn't the first time food products have been split by party lines by the fast-casual chain. California Tortilla also created the Obama's Chicken Teriyaki Luau Bowl, as well as Romney's Mexican Mitt-Loaf Bowl. But since this all has to do with food, and the color of tortilla chips, instead of policy, we highly doubt people ordered accordingly. I mean, it's not like this election is just based on the colors of the parties, right?
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts