Chain Tries Predicting Election Results with Tortilla Chips
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Top Chefs Review — and Rate — America's Food Critics
- Guy Fieri’s Proposed ‘Hunt-Ryd’ Sonoma County Winery Rejected by Zoning Board
- Here’s an Amazing Photo of Chef José Andrés Hanging Out with a Stingray at the Cayman Cookout
- World Champion Boxer Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Says He and Gordon Ramsay will Open the World’s Best Restaurant Together
- Norman Van Aken's Kitchen Conversations: Sanford "Sandy" D'Amato
Although it's hard to accurately predict the results of an election, California chain California Tortilla has decided to attempt just that, using tortilla chips.
In a segment airing on H2, a sister-network of the History Channel, California Tortilla decided to use red and blue tortilla chips to predict how the upcoming election will play out.
Naturally, the clip will be in How the States Got Their Shapes, a show about American history. The tortilla chip experiment will premiere Saturday, Sept. 29 at 10 p.m., but we have some serious doubts about the results.
This isn't the first time food products have been split by party lines by the fast-casual chain. California Tortilla also created the Obama's Chicken Teriyaki Luau Bowl, as well as Romney's Mexican Mitt-Loaf Bowl. But since this all has to do with food, and the color of tortilla chips, instead of policy, we highly doubt people ordered accordingly. I mean, it's not like this election is just based on the colors of the parties, right?
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts