Celebrities 'Toast for a Change' at the Golden Globes
Today on The Daily Meal
- Raise a Toast to the Golden Globes With Moët & Chandon's Golden Night Cocktail!
- Leonardo DiCaprio, Jay-Z, and Tobey Maguire Toast to 'Gatsby' and More Celebrity News
- What the Celebrities Will Be Eating at the 70th Annual Golden Globes
- The Golden Globes After-Party Adventures
- 'Gossip Girl' Toasts Blake Lively's Marriage and More Celebrity News
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
A-list celebrities were doing more than dishing on who designed their couture while walking the red carpet. Moët & Chandon, the official champagne of the Golden Globes, reignited their "Toast for a Cause" campaign for the fourth year. As guests raised their Imperial minis, they were raising money for their favorite charities.
Celebrities including George Clooney, Kate Hudson, Hugh Jackman, Jon Hamm, Sean "Diddy" Combs, Glenn Close, Debra Messing, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Hayden Panettiere, Steve Buscemi, Aziz Ansari, and Jack Black were among stars that kicked back a mini flute of champagne.
Moët & Chandon donated to charities such as the Breast Cancer Research Foundation, supported by Sean "Diddy" Combs; the World Wildlife Fund, supported by Kate Hudson; and St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital, which is supported by Jon Hamm. For each toast raised, Moët & Chandon donates $1,000 to the chosen charity in the nominees’ names. Including this year’s outstanding participation, nearly $200,000 has been raised for over 130 charities.
Here are the bubbly statistics: More than 7,500 glasses of Moët & Chandon were served at the Golden Globes award show, 1,500 mini bottles were served on the red carpet, and 375 bottles of Moët & Chandon Grand Vintage 2004 were uncorked to kick off the festivities inside the ballroom.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts