Cecilia Chiang Wins James Beard Foundation Lifetime Achievement Award and More News
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
The Daily Meal brings you the biggest news from the food world.
Padma's HSN Deal: The Top Chef host is branching out and expanding her culinary-focused HSN deal by launching PL by Padma Lakshmi for jewelry, priced from $16 to $90. [WWD]
Marcus Samuelsson Helps Save Food: The chef critiques one family's habit of throwing away food, and shows them how to pack their fridge. [ABC]
Paper Maps Are the New iPhones: Forget smartphones and GPS systems; apparently the USE-IT maps, compiled by locals, are the best guides for traveling abroad. [Reuters]
Cecilia Chiang Wins JBF Lifetime Achievement: The chef credited with introducing authentic Mandarin food to the American dining scene will be awarded this season, following the likes of Wolfgang Puck and Kevin Zraly. [JBF]
Foie Gras Ban Blocked in New York: A state Supreme Court judge threw out a lawsuit that foie gras was a product of a "diseased animal" and should not be sold. [Times Union]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts