Cecilia Chiang Wins James Beard Foundation Lifetime Achievement Award and More News
Recipe of the day
- Restaurateurs React to Indiana's Controversial RFRA
- This Guy Lost 50 Pounds Hiking the Pacific Crest Trail — And Took a Selfie Every Day to Prove It
- Fatty Food Consumption Could Increase Mental Illness Risk, Research Says
- Cajun vs. Creole: What's the Difference?
- Third Death in Colorado Linked to Marijuana Edibles Overdose
The Daily Meal brings you the biggest news from the food world.
Padma's HSN Deal: The Top Chef host is branching out and expanding her culinary-focused HSN deal by launching PL by Padma Lakshmi for jewelry, priced from $16 to $90. [WWD]
Marcus Samuelsson Helps Save Food: The chef critiques one family's habit of throwing away food, and shows them how to pack their fridge. [ABC]
Paper Maps Are the New iPhones: Forget smartphones and GPS systems; apparently the USE-IT maps, compiled by locals, are the best guides for traveling abroad. [Reuters]
Cecilia Chiang Wins JBF Lifetime Achievement: The chef credited with introducing authentic Mandarin food to the American dining scene will be awarded this season, following the likes of Wolfgang Puck and Kevin Zraly. [JBF]
Foie Gras Ban Blocked in New York: A state Supreme Court judge threw out a lawsuit that foie gras was a product of a "diseased animal" and should not be sold. [Times Union]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts