- Todd English born (1960)
- 1/4 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon black pepper
- 2 Pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 Cup soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons rice-wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 Teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- One 8-ounce can water chestnuts
- 1/4 Teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 Cup cashews
- Steamed rice, for serving
Here's a delicious slow cooker recipe for the Chinese favorite. So good, and with fairly easy prep. Serve this over steamed brown or white rice for a quick weeknight meal.
See all chicken recipes.
Combine the flour and pepper in a Ziploc plastic bag. Add the chicken and shake to coat with the flour mixture. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the chicken about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer the chicken to a slow cooker.
Combine the soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, sugar, garlic, ginger, water chestnuts, and pepper flakes in a small bowl and pour over the chicken. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours. Stir in the cashews. Serve over rice.