Cashew Chicken Recipe
Daily Value: 24%
Dairy-Free, Egg-Free, Milk-Free, Peanut-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
|Folic Acid (B9)||34µg||9%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||9g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||4g||0%|
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice-wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- One 8-ounce can water chestnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup cashews
- Steamed rice, for serving
Combine the flour and pepper in a Ziploc plastic bag. Add the chicken and shake to coat with the flour mixture. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the chicken about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer the chicken to a slow cooker.
Combine the soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, sugar, garlic, ginger, water chestnuts, and pepper flakes in a small bowl and pour over the chicken. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours. Stir in the cashews. Serve over rice.
Total time: 4 hours
Special Designations: Kid-friendly
Be a Part of the Conversation
Have something to say?
Add a comment (or see what others think).