- We're independent! Let's cook out!
Carl’s Jr. Beautifully Debuts New Charbroiled Fish Sandwich
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Sandwich of the Week: CBD Provisions’ Country Pâté Bánh Mì
- This Company Wants to Deliver a Grilled Cheese to Your Door
- Sandwich of the Week: Peter’s Clam Bar’s Lobster Grilled Cheese
- Sandwich of the Week: The Ainsworth’s French Onion Burger
- America’s Best Pizza? Says Who? Here’s Your Chance to Set the Record Straight, or Forever Hold Your, Er, Slice
As you are drinking hot tea in your wool sweaters and ear muffs in the dead of winter, Sports Illustrated swimsuit model Nina Agdal is laying on the beach wearing next to nothing, eating a fish sandwich. Surprisingly, she isn’t trying to rub the warm weather (and her hot bod) in your face; she’s just the next Carl’s Jr. Commercial girl doing her job.
The fast food chain released their new healthier menu choice, the charbroiled Atlantic cod fish sandwich, on Thursday, January 30th. Between the honey wheat bun lies a charbroiled Atlantic Cod filet, tartar sauce, tomato, and lettuce. It’s a much healthier choice than their Carl’s Cat Fish sandwich with two “crispy battered” fish filets with tartar sauce, tomato and lettuce on a sesame seed bun.
Along with their new sandwich comes their beach-themed commercial featuring Agdal. The Hawaiian beach setting and Agdal’s tight toned physique aim to emphasize that this sandwich is “from the deep sea, not the deep fryer.”
The Atlantic cod fish sandwich is being released at sister restaurant Hardee’s on February 4th and the commercial will air on Super Bowl Sunday. Here’s a little sneak peak.
Skyler Bouchard is a Junior Writer at the Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter at @skylerbouchard.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts