- Agoston Haraszthy born (1812)
Calm Down, Orange Juice Prices Aren't Rising
Recipe of the day
- Federal Trade Commission Shuts Down Energy Drink Company Vemma for Alleged Pyramid Scheme
- Drink More Water to Lose Weight, Study Says
- Russell Wilson Swears By Recovery Water to Help Him Get Over an Injury
- Anheuser-Busch Shipped 50,000 Cans of Water to Firefighters Battling Fires in Western United States
- Shaq and Mike Miller Are Launching an Energy Drink in Hong Kong
After the FDA announced a halt to orange juice imports upon finding an unapproved fungicide in January, orange juice prices jumped up. Luckily, HuffPo reports that since then, the price has fallen about 11 percent.
Furthermore, orange juice prices had been slowly rising anyway due to production cost and decreases in the orange crop; the average retail price from October 2011 to February 2012 was 7.4 percent higher than the year before, HuffPo says.
Research also indicates that more people are drinking tea, water, and energy drinks, which may explain the decrease in demand. So everyone should just calm down; there's enough juice to go around (although kids are already drinking too much).
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts