- Columbus Day
Calm Down, Orange Juice Prices Aren't Rising
Recipe of the day
- The Obama Administration Will Not Be Pushing a Soda Tax in New Healthy Food Guidelines
- The Perfect Breakfast Yogurt Smoothie
- Upscale Restaurants in California Are Serving Meals on Disposable Plates Because of the Drought
- 5 Healthy Smoothie Recipes
- This Is the Last Hot Chocolate Recipe You’ll Ever Need
After the FDA announced a halt to orange juice imports upon finding an unapproved fungicide in January, orange juice prices jumped up. Luckily, HuffPo reports that since then, the price has fallen about 11 percent.
Furthermore, orange juice prices had been slowly rising anyway due to production cost and decreases in the orange crop; the average retail price from October 2011 to February 2012 was 7.4 percent higher than the year before, HuffPo says.
Research also indicates that more people are drinking tea, water, and energy drinks, which may explain the decrease in demand. So everyone should just calm down; there's enough juice to go around (although kids are already drinking too much).
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts