Calm Down, Orange Juice Prices Aren't Rising
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
After the FDA announced a halt to orange juice imports upon finding an unapproved fungicide in January, orange juice prices jumped up. Luckily, HuffPo reports that since then, the price has fallen about 11 percent.
Furthermore, orange juice prices had been slowly rising anyway due to production cost and decreases in the orange crop; the average retail price from October 2011 to February 2012 was 7.4 percent higher than the year before, HuffPo says.
Research also indicates that more people are drinking tea, water, and energy drinks, which may explain the decrease in demand. So everyone should just calm down; there's enough juice to go around (although kids are already drinking too much).
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts