- M.F.K. Fisher born (1908)
Calm Down, Orange Juice Prices Aren't Rising
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Man Sues Rockstar Energy, Alleges it Gave Him a Heart Attack
- Starbucks to Discontinue Valencia Orange Refresher, Release New Flavor
- Exercise Enthusiasts Should Watch Water Intake, Study Says
- The Best Root Beers for Making Root Beer Floats
- Bay Area Might Explore Recycling Toilet Water for Use as Drinking Water
After the FDA announced a halt to orange juice imports upon finding an unapproved fungicide in January, orange juice prices jumped up. Luckily, HuffPo reports that since then, the price has fallen about 11 percent.
Furthermore, orange juice prices had been slowly rising anyway due to production cost and decreases in the orange crop; the average retail price from October 2011 to February 2012 was 7.4 percent higher than the year before, HuffPo says.
Research also indicates that more people are drinking tea, water, and energy drinks, which may explain the decrease in demand. So everyone should just calm down; there's enough juice to go around (although kids are already drinking too much).
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts