- Peach Month begins
- Sandwich Month begins
Calm Down, Orange Juice Prices Aren't Rising
Recipe of the day
- The Viral Infographic Showing What a Can of Coca-Cola Does to Your Body Was Inaccurate
- Another Almond Milk Brand Is Facing a Lawsuit for Not Using Enough Almonds
- Tired of Fruitless Searching? Now You Can Order a Personalized ‘Share a Coke With…’ Bottle
- 10 Fruits to Add to Your Water That Will Totally Benefit Your Body
- This Miracle Drink Could Ensure That You Never Get a Hangover Again
After the FDA announced a halt to orange juice imports upon finding an unapproved fungicide in January, orange juice prices jumped up. Luckily, HuffPo reports that since then, the price has fallen about 11 percent.
Furthermore, orange juice prices had been slowly rising anyway due to production cost and decreases in the orange crop; the average retail price from October 2011 to February 2012 was 7.4 percent higher than the year before, HuffPo says.
Research also indicates that more people are drinking tea, water, and energy drinks, which may explain the decrease in demand. So everyone should just calm down; there's enough juice to go around (although kids are already drinking too much).
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts