- Simone "Simca" Beck born (1904)
Burger King Rolls Out Premium Hamburger
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Sandwich of the Week: CBD Provisions’ Country Pâté Bánh Mì
- This Company Wants to Deliver a Grilled Cheese to Your Door
- Sandwich of the Week: Peter’s Clam Bar’s Lobster Grilled Cheese
- Sandwich of the Week: The Ainsworth’s French Onion Burger
- America’s Best Pizza? Says Who? Here’s Your Chance to Set the Record Straight, or Forever Hold Your, Er, Slice
Burger King, continuing its menu makeover, introduced a new premium hamburger on Monday.
The BK Chef’s Choice burger is made with a 5.5-ounce ground chuck patty topped with thick-cut bacon, American cheese, red onions, tomatoes, Romaine lettuce and the 12,300-unit chain’s Griller sauce, developed specifically for the sandwich with garlic, pepper, and onion flavors intended to complement the flame-grilled beef patty.
The burger is served on a new artisanal-style bun that draws its inspiration from brioche. The sandwich’s suggested retail price is $4.99.
The Chef’s Choice burger is being promoted through national television and radio advertising.
The new sandwich is the latest in an array of recent product rollouts from the No. 2 quick-service burger chain.
In September, Miami-based Burger King introduced a soft-serve line of sundaes, shakes, and cones. Before that, it introduced fruit smoothies, specialty coffee, low-fat parfaits, oatmeal, and salads, all promoted with a new marketing campaign focused on food rather than its King mascot.
BK’s new premium burger comes a month after the No. 3 burger chain, Wendy’s, introduced its new burger, also with red onions.
Wendy’s Dave’s Hot ’N Juicy Cheeseburgers feature thicker beef patties, toasted and buttered buns, crinkle-cut pickle chips, and red onions.
— Bret Thorn
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts