- Earl S. (Tupperware) Tupper born (1907)
Buffalo Mac n' Cheese
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, divided, plus more for greasing
- 1 1/2 Cup sliced shallots
- 1 1/2 Pound shell pasta
- 1 Cup shredded Kerrygold Aged or other medium-sharp Cheddar
- 1 Cup shredded Kerrygold Vintage or other sharp Cheddar
- 1 Cup shredded smoked Gouda
- 1/2 Cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 Cup half and half
- 2 Tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 Cup plain breadcrumbs
- Sunnied Egg Bialy Sandwich with Bacon, Arugula, Goat Cheese, and Balsamic Glaze
- Insalata Italiana
- Classic Tzatziki
- Goat Cheese Risotto with Broccoli Rabe
- Avocado, Strawberry, & Tomato Panzanella with Balsamic-Lime Dressing
- Farro with Broccoli Rabe Pesto
- Peanut Butter- and Nutella-Filled Linzer Tarts
- Greek-Style Hummus
- Risotto Verde
Three cheeses and a kick of spice makes this comfort favorite a whole new story. For the ultimate trio, combine any two sharp cheeses, in this instance, two bold Irish Cheddars, with a smoother Gouda. When blended together, they make for a creamy, cheesy, spicy dream — one spoonful will just not do the trick.
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Butter a deep baking dish. Melt 3 tablespoons butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat and add the shallots. Cover and cook 5 minutes, stirring often. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, covered, until shallots are deep brown, stirring often, about 6 minutes.
At the same, bring water to a boil and cook pasta until al dente.
Mix the cheeses together in a large bowl and coat with flour, put 1 cup aside for topping. In a small saucepan, bring the half and half to a simmer, add the hot sauce and 2 cups of cheese, stir occasionally for 3 minutes or until the cheese becomes soft and creamy. Remove from the heat and place in baking dish.
Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the breadcrumbs; toss. Stir until golden, about 2 minutes. Top the macaroni with a layer of shallots, then the leftover cheese, and top with breadcrumbs. Drizzle the remaining tablespoon of butter on top and then put into oven for 25-30 minutes.