Budweiser Makes Limited-Edition Sampler Pack to Woo Craft Beer Crowd
Recipe of the day
- This Baseball Stadium Has Debuted a Beer Creamsicle Shake
- This Start-Up Allows Brewers and Beer-Lovers to Buy and Sell Beer Kits
- Craft Brewery Dr. Jekyll’s Adds Flaxseed Oil, Gingko Leaves, and Other Superfoods to Beer
- DC Brau and Oskar Blues Launch ‘Smells Like Freedom’ IPA with ‘Aromas of Cannabis’
- A Man Shot His Friend for Giving Him the Wrong Brand of Beer
If you didn't think the worlds "craft beer" and "Budweiser" belonged in the same sentence, think again. Now, Anheuser-Busch's darling is making a fall limited-edition six-pack to woo craft beer fans.
"Project 12" asked 12 Budweiser brewmasters to create a small-batch brew recipe, using the same yeast that's directly descended from the original Budweiser recipe from 1876, reports The Daily Journal. The 12 beers were narrowed down to six, and named after the ZIP code of the brewery they came from. Then, it was pared down to three beers by consumers to create the Project 12 six-pack.
What will you find in the Project 12 six-pack? No. 91406 is a "deep-amber lager," made with caramel malts; No. 63118 is a pilsner, made with traditional German brewing ingredients like Hallertau and Tettnang hops; and No. 23185 is a bourbon cask lager, made as an "all-malt brew" that's aged and spiced with vanilla. You can find the six-pack in stores beginning Oct. 29.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts