- Agoston Haraszthy born (1812)
Boston Vegetarian Food Festival Returns
Recipe of the day
- La Tomatina, Spain’s 70th Annual Tomato-Throwing Festival, Is Today’s Google Doodle
- The Craziest Corn Mazes in America
- From Farms to Orchards: The Top Places to Pick Apples in America
- This Unbelievable Bacon Brisket Bomb Won First Place at the Iowa State Fair
- The Food Film Festival: Where You Can Eat Whatever You See on Screen
The 17th annual Boston Vegetarian Food Festival, presented by the Boston Vegetarian Society, returns Oct. 27 and 28, offering two days filled with a variety of activities aimed at those who have chosen to omit meat from their diets.
Chef Christine Waltermeyer, founder of Natural Kitchen Cooking School and author of The Natural Vegan Cookbook and chef Terry Walters, author of Clean Food and Clean Start, will host cooking demonstrations on Saturday and Sunday afternoons, respectively. Other speakers contributing to the festival include John Schlimm, author of The Tipsy Vegan and Grilling Vegan Style.
The Boston Vegetarian Food Festival will also feature food sampling, grocery and natural food store exhibits, consultations with registered dietitians, and discounted shopping with 120 exhibitors.
Admission to the 17th annual Boston Vegetarian Food Festival is free and includes all events, exhibitors, and presentations.
Nikki Maniscalco is a Junior Writer at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @NikkiMarie2116
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts