Bobby Flay's Mesa Grill to Close
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- McDonald’s Hires Ex-MythBuster to Improve Self-Image
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
After months of rumors that the restaurant would be moving, Bobby Flay's flagship Mesa Grill is reportedly closing at the end of this month, Grub Street reports.
Although it was initially reported as a venue change, Mesa Grill was dealing with renegotiating the lease of their current space, which they have had for 21 years. Zagat noted a listing for the space, while Flay told Grub Street, "We're renegotiating the lease. We've been there for 21 years and had a bunch of leases ... We hope to stay there."
Unfortunately, it seems like the lease negotiations didn't work out; Mesa Grill has stopped accepting reservations past Aug. 31, Food Network Gossip notes, and the restaurant will close at the end of this month. "Staff told today Mesa Grill is closing 8/31. Rent or landlord issue. Staff gets only 10 days notice. Said they may be moving to new location, but no details," a post on Chowhound read.
No word on whether there will be a new Mesa Grill, but losing the 21-year-old institution is a bit of a blow, as Mesa Grill first put Flay on the Food Network map. Flay, who also owns Bar Americain and will open a Spanish restaurant Gato next year, also manages two other Mesa Grills (Las Vegas and the Bahamas).
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts