- First electric stove patented (1896)
Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- 1 ½ cups unbleached flour
- ¾ cup evaporated cane juice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup soy milk
- 3 teaspoons egg replacer, whisked with 4 tablespoons warm water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
The cinnamon in these blueberry muffins complements the blueberries and adds a depth of flavor to an otherwise basic recipe. Spread some vegan butter on muffins fresh out of the oven — so delicious.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line 8–10 standard-size muffin cavities with paper liners.
In a large bowl, mix the fl our, cane juice, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Add the oil, soy milk, egg replacer, and vanilla extract and mix until well combined. Fold in the blueberries. The batter will be very thick.
Scoop ¼ cup of batter into each muffin liner. Bake for 18–20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.