- Worcestershire sauce introduced (1937)
Blueberry Beef Tacos
The Sneaky Chef
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely minced
- 1 Pound lean ground beef
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1/2 Cup Sneaky Chef Purple Purée
- 3/4 Cups mild salsa
- 1/4 Cup tomato paste
- 12 hard taco shells
- Toppings, such as shredded lettuce, grated low-fat Cheddar cheese, chopped fresh tomatoes, and low-fat sour cream
These tacos are deliberately mild so they will appeal to a wide variety of palates. If your kids like the taste of packaged taco seasoning or taco sauce, you can simply add it to this recipe.
Heat oil in a deep skillet over medium heat. Cook the onions until they are slightly translucent and then add the beef (or turkey), stirring to break it up, cooking about 5 minutes until meat is no longer red. Add the salt, a few grinds of pepper, Purple Purée, salsa, and tomato paste and mix well until heated through and the colors blend into a brown mixture, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
Spoon about ¼ cup filling into each taco shell. Add toppings as desired.