Birthday Cake M&M's to Hit Stores Next May
Recipe of the day
- Reduce Your Beef Consumption With the James Beard Foundation's Better Burger Project
- Who Started America's 10 Biggest Fast Food Chains?
- 5 Reasons Why You Should Never Eat White Bread Again
- Arby’s Is Giving Out Free 6-DVD Sets Featuring Meat Smoking for 21 Hours… and That’s It
- Taco Bell and Pizza Hut Announce Plans to Remove Artificial Ingredients
Following the pumpkin spice-flavored M&M's that were released this fall at Target, it was announced that Mars Inc. will be rolling out with new flavor: birthday cake.
According to Candy Blog, this new flavor will be released in May 2014 and it is unknown whether the “birthday cake” flavor is vanilla, chocolate, or something else. (We hope it tastes like the birthday cake truffles from Momofuku Milk Bar).
As of now, it is also unknown whether this will be a limited time release or permanent addition to the M&M’s collection.
Candy Blog also reported that M&M’s will also be re-introducing Mega M&M’s in peanut and chocolate flavors. There will be three times the chocolate in each of them, and larger peanuts as well.
According to The Daily Mail, past M&M’s limited-time-only flavors included mint chocolate, orange chocolate, wild cherry, raspberry, and candy corn.
With birthday cake options like Oreos already in circulation, it seems like this flavor is truly having its moment in the sun. And who doesn’t like birthday cake?
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts