- Nathan Myhrvold born (1959)
Birthday Cake M&M's to Hit Stores Next May
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Here’s How Much a Big Mac Would Cost Under a $15 Per Hour Minimum Wage
- The Best Cheesesteaks in Philadelphia Part 4: Steve’s Prince of Steaks
- America’s Healthiest Chain Restaurants: Protein Bar
- America’s Healthiest Chain Restaurants: Sweetgreen
- Lubins-N-Links: A Delicious Culinary Invention in Tarrytown
Following the pumpkin spice-flavored M&M's that were released this fall at Target, it was announced that Mars Inc. will be rolling out with new flavor: birthday cake.
According to Candy Blog, this new flavor will be released in May 2014 and it is unknown whether the “birthday cake” flavor is vanilla, chocolate, or something else. (We hope it tastes like the birthday cake truffles from Momofuku Milk Bar).
As of now, it is also unknown whether this will be a limited time release or permanent addition to the M&M’s collection.
Candy Blog also reported that M&M’s will also be re-introducing Mega M&M’s in peanut and chocolate flavors. There will be three times the chocolate in each of them, and larger peanuts as well.
According to The Daily Mail, past M&M’s limited-time-only flavors included mint chocolate, orange chocolate, wild cherry, raspberry, and candy corn.
With birthday cake options like Oreos already in circulation, it seems like this flavor is truly having its moment in the sun. And who doesn’t like birthday cake?
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts