Beyoncé Gets a Bootylicious Sandwich (with a Ring on It)
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
Just when we thought we were getting over our Beyoncé kick post-Super Bowl performance ("Love on Top," "Bootylicious," and "Countdown" have been on repeat for a solid two weeks), the Hooplaha YouTube channel has gotten us obssessed once more.
Behold the Beyoncé sandwich, comprised of Texas toast, blue cheese crumbles, three strips of bacon (for a shout-out to Destiny's Child), Popeyes fried chicken, hot sauce, and of course, jelly. They top it all off by putting a ring on it — an onion ring, that is. (Ouch, sorry for that pun). Apparently Popeyes is one of the diva's favorite foods, while the hot sauce is in honor of Beyoncé's fragrance Heat.
It sounds sweet, savory, and spicy all at once, which is kind of perfect for the queen of pop/Sasha Fierce performer. We don't think we're ready for this jelly quite yet, but perhaps you are? Watch the assemblage below and plan your meals accordingly. We're going to start going around ordering food and asking people to "put a ring on it." Rings > eggs any day, except when hungover.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts