- Craig Claiborne born (1920)
Beurre & Sel Cookies Now Shipping Nationwide
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Penn State Coach Learned to Cook by Watching Food Network, Went on to Compete on ‘Chopped’
- General Mills to Sell Green Giant and Le Sueur for $765 Million
- Obama Buys Bakery’s Entire Supply of Cinnamon Rolls During Alaska Visit
- Washington, DC New Menu Report: 09/02/15
- Man Jailed for Meth Possession Released When Police Realized 4 Months Later That It Was Just Salt
Ever since chef Dorie Greenspan and her son Josh launched Beurre & Sel several months ago in Manhattan’s fabled Essex Street Market, her wildly creative cookies have taken off and become a cult favorite among the cookie cognoscenti. Just in time for the holidays, they’ve launched nationwide shipping.
Cookies available online include "Classics" and the "Cocktail Collection. "Classics" are sweet cookies such as the French-Vanilla Sablés (butter shortbread with sparkling sugar), World Peace Cookies (Valrhona chocolate and fleur de sel), and Espresso-Chocolate Sablés (tender shortbread, flavored with espresso and chunks of bittersweet chocolate). There’s also the signature "jammer," a French jam and streusel-topped shortbread cookie, and savory Rosemary Parmesan cookies with toasted pecans.
Geared toward adults, the "Cocktail Collection" includes a selection of bite-size cookies in varieties like Cocoa-Cayenne, Sesame Sea Salt, which are meant to be eaten with wine and cocktails.
The cookies come in custom-designed "stacks," and there’s a minimum of $20 per order. They can be ordered online at beurreandsel.com.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts