The Best Wine Lists in Vail and Aspen
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
After a day of skiing or snowboarding, you deserve a nice, relaxing glass of wine. If you are heading to Colorado this winter, you will find great wines at some of our favorite Aspen and Vail wine bars and restaurants.
It is hard to go wrong in Aspen, where the levels of food and wine are as famous as the ski slopes. But we recommend the bar "element 47" at The Little Nell, Victoria’s Espresso Wine Bar, L’Hostaria, and The Wine Spot, where you will find 35 wines offered by the glass. For a truly adventurous wine experience with spectacular views, try "The Oasis," The Little Nell and Veuve Clicquot-branded ski-in, ski-out, POP-Up Champagne Bar at the top of Aspen Mountain.
If Vail is your go-to ski destination, vin48 Restaurant and Wine Bar was voted as having the best wines by the glass by the Vail Valley Locals. Located in Beaver Creek, they offer 45 wines by the glass each night! We also like the wine lists at Sweet Basil, which was voted Colorado’s Best Restaurant by Zagat, La Tour, Kelly Liken (voted Best in Vail by OpenTable diners), Larkspur, and Leonora, a bistro, wine, and tapas bar.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts