Best of New Orleans #4
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
Every day during the month of August, we’re highlighting one restaurant from our recent ranking of the 31 Best Restaurants in New Orleans. Today’s restaurant, Peche Seafood Grill, is #4 on our list.
Donald Link’s top entry on our ranking, Peche demonstrates that the chef can glorify fish just as well as he does pork. Named one of Bon Appetit’s Top 50 New Restaurants in 2013 and the home of James Beard Award winner for Best Chef — South, Ryan Prewitt, the restaurant is centered around a coal-burning open hearth. The daily whole grilled fish — whatever it is — is always a smart choice, but the traditional classics, like smothered catfish, shrimp and corn bisque, and the seafood platter certainly don’t get overlooked.
Here's our complete ranking:
#31. Maurepas Fine Foods
#27. The Joint
#26. Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse
#23. La Petite Grocery
#20. Parkway Bakery
#18. Dooky Chase
#15. Redfish Grill
#12. Camellia Grill
#10. Willie Mae’s Scotch House
#1. Commander’s Palace
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts