Best of New Orleans #19
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
Every day during the month of August, we’re highlighting one restaurant from our recent ranking of the 31 Best Restaurants in New Orleans. Today’s restaurant, Clancy's, is #19 on our list.
Since the beginning of the last century, the space on the corner of Annunciation and Webster has been either a restaurant, bar, or both, and since the 1940’s it has been the home Clancy’s. Originally a typical po’boy eatery and local watering hole, it underwent a transformation in 1983 when it was sold to new owners outside of the founding family. As one of the first Creole bistros in the city, Clancy’s revolutionized the New Orleans dining scene with a menu boasting sweetbreads with Marsala and mushrooms, crawfish and corn soup, crabmeat Carondelet salad, and sautéed veal with fried oysters and a crystal Hollandaise sauce.
Here's our complete ranking:
#31. Maurepas Fine Foods
#27. The Joint
#26. Dickie Brennan's Steakhouseguide to new orleans, best restaurants, Louisiana, eat, In Your City,
#23. La Petite Grocery
#20. Parkway Bakery
#18. Dooky Chase
#15. Redfish Grill
#12. Camellia Grill
#10. Willie Mae’s Scotch House
#1. Commander’s Palace
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts