- Scotch Whisky Day
The Best Caipirinha
Recipe of the day
- The 1 Drinking Game That Isn’t Weird for Legitimate Adults to Play
- Drink Margaritas Outside and Get ‘Lime Disease’
- These Tequila Cocktails Will Have You Saying "Move Over, Margarita!"
- The One Thing You Didn’t Realize You Wanted at Chipotle
- Best Bars (and Cocktails) to Celebrate National Tequila Day!
Are you a fan of the mojito? Then check out Brazil’s answer to the Cuban favorite, just in time for the 2014 FIFA World Cup! Instead of rum, the caiprinha (pronounce it kai-pehr-EEN-yah) uses cachaca, a liquor made from pure sugarcane.
As exciting as the trip would be, the truth is that most of us aren’t exactly in a position to hop into one of our many private jets (one in an endless stream, I’m sure) and pop down to Sao Paulo to experience the biggest event in soccer this year. Which is a shame – not just because we love soccer – but because Brazil is home to some of the best restaurants in the world. So if you, like the rest of us regular folk, unable to jet off to Brazil at a moment’s notice, we recommend the following: mix yourself a delicious caipirinha and stop by one of the best Brazilian steakhouses in America.
In this video, Beverage Director Scott Clime of the wonderful Ceiba in Washington, DC shows us how to make a perfect caipirinha.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts