- Earl S. (Tupperware) Tupper born (1907)
Best and Worst Colleges for Food
Recipe of the day
- Fancy Stuff You Should Like but Probably Don't
- Has the National Obesity Rate Peaked? Americans Are Finally Eating Less, Data Says
- Mexican Cilantro Banned From US, Linked to Intestinal Illness From Parasite
- 8 Food Companies to Watch
- Florida Resident Warned Not to Let the Smell of Barbecue Leave Property
West Virginia University may be the college with the most fun (or parties), but true food lovers know Bowdoin College in Brunswick, Maine, is where it's all at.
Princeton Review helpfully ranked the colleges with the best and worst food, and Bowdoin unsurprisingly was deemed the best. Not only does the college have two organic gardens to grow produce for campus kitchens, but there's also a bake shop, meat shop, and tons of vegetarian and vegan options. They even produce their own maple syrup. Where were we in college and why did we not know about this?
Virginia Tech, University of Massachusetts-Amherst, and James Madison University came in after Bowdoin, but the worst college food title goes to Fordham University in Bronx, N.Y.
The New York Daily News did some digging and found that dining options there include "pasteurized liquid eggs," and "lemon Jell-O parfait." Dinner? A Chicago-style hot dog (we love these, so no judgment), and a fluffernutter PB&J.
As for the horror stories from this university? "I’ve had friends who’ve found everything from bugs to thumbtacks in their food," one student says. Sounds like a night at a dirty McDonald's.
Check out the top 10 rankings below, then see The Daily Meal's picks for the best college food around the country.
1. Bowdoin College
2. Virginia Tech
3. University of Massachusetts-Amherst
4. James Madison University
5. Washington University in St. Louis
6. Wheaton College
7. College of the Atlantic
8. Cornell University
9. Bryn Mawr College
10. St. Anselm
1. Fordham University
2. New College of Florida
3. Wells College
4. Hampden-Sydney College
5. Ohio Northern University
6. St. John's College
7. United States Merchant Marine Academy
8. Catawba College
9. Drew University
10. Hampton University
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts