Baked Asparagus with Fried Egg and Dill
- 1 bundle asparagus, trimmed
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus another 1/2 tablespoon for the egg
- Pinch of red chile flakes
- Salt and fresh black pepper, to taste
- 1 egg, at room temperature
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh dill or other herbs like cilantro, basil, or parsley
- Cucumber Yogurt with Dill
- Grilled Beef Tenderloin Tips
- Canned Tuna Open-Faced Sandwich
- Kale, Mango, and Avocado Salad
- Strawberry and Ricotta Appetizer
- Raw Artichoke, Lemon, and Parmesan Salad
- Strawberry, Cheddar, and Chive Spring Salad
- Halibut Cheeks with Meyer Lemon and Basil Vinaigrette
- Avocado Tabbouleh Appetizer
Cooking spring asparagus with a little olive oil, salt, pepper, and red chile flakes is delicious on its own (especially with a quick spritz of fresh lemon or lime juice), but top that with a fried egg and fresh herbs and you've really got something. Additionally, you can halve some grape tomatoes and cook them along with the asparagus for an even more flavorful dish.
Click here for Awesome Asparagus Recipes.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. On a baking sheet, combine the asparagus with the oil, chile flakes, salt, and pepper. Bake for 12-15 minutes until tender and slightly darkened. When almost done, turn on the broiler and place on top rack for 1-2 minutes to crisp them a little.
When you place the asparagus under the broiler, heat a small pan over high heat. When hot, add the oil and then the egg. Cook until the edges start to brown and most of the white has set. Remove the asparagus from the oven and place on a plate. Top with lemon juice, then the egg, and finally the dill. Serve immediately, seasoning again as needed.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts