Bacon-Blanketed, Herb Roasted Turkey
- One 10 to 15-pound turkey
- 1 1/2 Pound bacon
- 1/2 Pound butter
- Fresh herbs, such as sage, thyme, oregano, parsley, marjoram, and rosemary
- 2 carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 stalks celery, roughly chopped
- 4 onions, roughly chopped
- 2 leeks, roughly chopped
- 4 apples, sliced in half
This is the turkey. I’ve been perfecting this for many years now. I must say, it is a showstopper, and delicious to boot, because I treat it well. I send my turkey to a bacon spa. It gets a salt scrub, a bacon butter deep tissue massage, a hand-woven bacon spa robe, some time in the sauna and a little tanning to finish it off.
This recipe was adapted from its original on The Runaway Spoon. Visit the website for the full recipe and for other delicious recipes.