Avocado Tabbouleh Appetizer
- 1 cup pearl couscous
- 1 small shallot, chopped
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 ripe avocados, roughly cut into squares
- 1 bunch parsley, chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro, chopped
- Juice and zest of 2 lemons
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cucumber Yogurt with Dill
- Grilled Beef Tenderloin Tips
- Baked Asparagus with Fried Egg and Dill
- Canned Tuna Open-Faced Sandwich
- Kale, Mango, and Avocado Salad
- Strawberry and Ricotta Appetizer
- Raw Artichoke, Lemon, and Parmesan Salad
- Strawberry, Cheddar, and Chive Spring Salad
- Halibut Cheeks with Meyer Lemon and Basil Vinaigrette
As someone who loves fresh herbs, this recipe is a quick favorite. Adding avocados to it just makes it that much tastier. The best part of this dish is that it can be made ahead and stored in the fridge because the flavors just get better with time. You'd think that the avocado would brown, but because of the acid in the dressing, it actually is fine. But, you can always make it with a new batch of ripe avocado when you eat it next.
Check out Everything You Want to Know About Avocados.
Cook 1 cup of couscous according to the package directions. Set aside and let cool.
Meanwhile, combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl, seasoning to taste. Add in the cooled couscous, taste again, reseasoning as needed, and serve.
Calories per serving:354 calories
Dietary restrictions:Balanced, High Fiber, Low Sodium Sugar Conscious, Vegan, Vegetarian, Dairy Free, Egg Free, Milk Free, Peanut Free, Tree Nut Free, Soy Free, Fish Free, Shellfish Free, Alcohol Free