- St. Martha: Patron of Dieticians
Avocado Egg Salad
Avocado Egg Salad
- 6 Eggs, hard boiled, chilled and peeled
- 1 Avocado, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 5 Radishes, finely chopped
- 1 Green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon Black pepper, to taste
- Pea and Ricotta Spread
- Savory Waffles with Ham, Cheddar & Brussels Sprouts
- Mussels Marinara
- Spicy Tofu Banh Mi Sandwiches
- Baked Tuna & Zucchini Cakes with Lemon-yogurt Dressing
- Split Pea Soup with Parmesan-thyme Crisps
- Baked Halibut à la Wolfgang Puck
- Swiss Chard and Mushroom Popover Bake
- Panna Cotta with Raspberry and Orange Sauce
This Avocado Egg Salad recipe is creamy, crunchy and full of color and great taste. It’s the perfect solution for leftover hard boiled eggs, or the perfect option for a great sandwich!
The avocados are an awesome sub for much of the mayo typically found in many egg salad recipes. Plus they add delicious creaminess. The seasonal radishes add the crunch and color (speaking of color, keep in mind your egg salad will have more of a green tint than yellow, thanks to the avocados), and the lemon zest adds a touch of sunny citrus.
Hard boil 6 eggs. Once cooled, peel them and separate the yolks from the whites. Dice the whites into small pieces.
In a large bowl, combine the egg yolks, avocado and non-fat mayonnaise. Note: If you use 2 avocados, I suggest only1 tablespoon of mayo, and if you use 1 avocado, go with 2 tablespoons of mayo) and mash everything together with a fork or potato masher until combined and smooth (I like to leave mine slightly chunky).
Mix in the lemon juice, zest, parsley, radishes, green onion and salt and pepper to the mixture. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
Gently fold in the diced egg whites and combine.
Chill until ready to use. Serve on sandwich bread or on lettuce leaves with your favorite veggies, if you’d like.
Keep in mind your egg salad will have more of a green tint than yellow, thanks to the avocados!
If you’re looking for something to do with your leftover hard boiled eggs, or you just want to start the week off with a satisfying egg salad sandwich, give this recipe a try.