Avocado Chipotle Chicken Wings Recipe
Daily Value: 26%
|Folic Acid (B9)||47µg||12%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||16g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||7g||0%|
Pairs Well With
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chipotle pepper sauce, preferably Tabasco brand
- Juice of 1 large lime
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 clove garlic, grated
- Vegetable or canola oil, for frying
- 24 chicken wings, split, trimmed of excess fat and skin, wing tips removed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (preferably Wondra) or rice flour
Combine the avocado, cilantro, chipotle sauce, lime juice, cumin, salt, water, and garlic in a food processor and process until smooth.
Preheat the vegetable oil in a deep fryer to 350 degrees.*
Toss the chicken wings in a bowl with the flour. Fry the wings for 10 minutes or until golden and crispy. Remove from the fryer, drain, and transfer to a bowl. Toss wings with desired amount of sauce.
Recipe DetailsServings: 6
Notes and Substitutions:
*Note: If you don’t have a deep fryer, as an alternative, fill a deep pot about 1/3 full with oil and place over medium heat until a frying thermometer reads 350 degrees.