- First espresso machine patented (1938)
Australian Chef Jason Roberts Joins 'Chew' Crew
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- New Champion? Matt Stonie Beats Out Joey Chestnut Again by Scarfing 10.5 Pounds of Ribs
- Alice Waters, Chef and Food Activist, to Receive National Humanities Medal From President Obama
- Tyler Florence’s Advice for Aspiring Food Truck Owners
- Chef Profile: A Voce Madison’s Davide Venturini
- New England Dunkin’ Donuts to Offer Judge Free Coffee for Life Following Tom Brady’s Suspension Lift
ABC's kitchen talk show The Chew has hired another chef to join the already overcrowded team. Aussie chef Jason Roberts has signed on as a correspondent, joining Mario Batali, Carla Hall, Michael Symon, Clinton Kelly, and Daphne Oz on the daytime show.
Luckily, Roberts won't be in the kitchen all the time. According to a press release, "As a correspondent, he will travel and share food-related stories from around the country. He will also appear in-studio on occasion." So, he gets to be Anthony Bourdain while everyone else is chatting about healthy eating and cooking in the kitchen.
Check out what Roberts is like on camera here. He seems like a laid-back surfer charmer, which means he'll get along great with the rest of the smiley team.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts