Austin's Top Five Gluten-Free Dishes
Jessica Meyer, author of ATX Gluten-Free, picks her favorite gluten-free friendly restaurant dishes in Austin.
Today on The Daily Meal
Dining out when you are gluten-free can be an intimidating experience. Luckily, Austin has got you covered. The talented chefs and restaurateurs who run the establishments that make up Austin's culinary landscape--from fine dining restaurants to eclectic food trailers--are well-versed in Celiac Disease and more than willing to accomodate the gluten-free lifestyle. Not to mention the city has gluten-free menus at over 40 restaurants, and several gluten-free certified restaurants.
5. Taco Deli. Thunderheart Bison Picadillo: Ground Bison seasoned with roasted garlic, tomato, caramelized onion, melted jack cheese and jalapeno. Topped with fresh cilantro and onions.
4. Uchi. Jizake Crème Caramel Dessert with Brown Butter Sorbet and Ginger Consommé.
3. Fino. Chickpea Flour Fried Goat Cheese with Red Onion Jam and Honey.
2. Parkside. Anything from the Raw Bar.
1. The Carillon. Crisp Pork Belly with Diablo Glaze, Asian Pear Salad and Fried Mint.
Note: all the dishes listed can be modified to gluten-free in they are not already.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Have something to say?
Add a comment (or see what others think).