- Ice Cream Month begins
- Blueberry Month begins
Asparamancer Predicts the Future with Asparagus
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Happy Hump Day: Foods That Can Help You Smile Your Way Through the Mid-Week Blues
- 12 Recipes That Will Help You Stay Hydrated
- Put It in a Watermelon: 10 Recipes That Can Be Served In a Watermelon Half
- 9 Recipes That Will Make Your Kid Feel Like a Real Chef
- 10 Fresh Fruit Salsa Recipes You’ll Need This Summer
Well, this is just weird — this lady claims that asparagus can tell her the future.
Her name, according to the description, is Jemima Packington, a 56-year-old woman who claims to be the world’s only Asparamancer.
Packington tosses asparagus into the air, reads where they fall, and comes up with what she claims are "very accurate" predictions about sporting events, politics, the economy, and of course, the Oscars (the description says she predicted The King’s Speech Oscar win, although we could’ve told you that).
Watch her predict the weather below. "We’re not going to have a hard time with frost and snow, but we will have a very windy time," she says (people of England, please tell us if she's correct). Now, is this any stranger than reading tea leaves and coffee grounds?
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts