Artichoke-Spinach Strata Recipe
Daily Value: 9%
Vegetarian, Peanut-Free, Tree-Nut-Free, Soy-Free, Fish-Free, Shellfish-Free
|Folic Acid (B9)||136µg||34%|
|Fatty acids, total monounsaturated||2g||0%|
|Fatty acids, total polyunsaturated||1g||0%|
Exclusive from The Daily Meal
- 6 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups skim milk
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 white or yellow onion, chopped
- Two 6 ½-ounce jars artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped or one 13 ½-ounce can chopped spinach, drained
- 4 slices seven-grain bread, torn into crouton-sized pieces
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded or grated
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Beat the eggs and milk together in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in the bell pepper, onion, artichoke hearts, and spinach.
Layer the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with the bread cubes. Pour the egg mixture over the top and top with the cheese. Bake until the eggs fluff up and are fully cooked, about 30-35 minutes.
Total fat: 7.3 g
Saturated fat: 3.4 g
Cholesterol: 138 mg
Sodium: 324 mg
Total carbohydrate: 15 g
Dietary fiber: 3.3 g
Sugars: 5.4 g
Protein: 11.6 g
Be a Part of the Conversation
Have something to say?
Add a comment (or see what others think).