Are You a Woman? Start Eating Fish
Recipe of the day
- What Did The World's Most Notorious Criminals Request for Their Last Meals?
- ‘World’s Hottest Burger’ is Doused in Hot Sauce and Literally Set on Fire
- KFC is Launching Edible Coffee Cups Made of Cookies and Chocolate
- Fermented Shark and 10 More of the World’s Stinkiest Foods
- Foods That Make You Feel Fuller Longer
Today in things you should eat: Fish. Not only do the water-dwellers decrease your chance of getting Alzheimer's disease, but new research suggests that eating fish will decrease the risk of heart disease in young women.
A Danish research team found that "compared to women who ate fish high in omega-3 weekly, the risk of [cardiovascular disease] was 90 percent higher for those who rarely or never ate fish," according to Food Navigator.
Researchers suggest that young women eat fish at least twice a week as a main meal, but even women who ate fish a few times a month may see health improvements.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts