Arby's Fires Worker for Fleeing During Robbery and More News
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Students Allegedly Served 6-Year-Old Meat in School
- We Want to Know: Who Serves the Best Burger in America?
- Texas Commissioner Wants Deep Fryers in School Cafeterias Because ‘It’s About Freedom’
- People Are Angry That Whole Foods Donated Sandwiches to the National Guard in Baltimore
- Twitter Has Launched an Account Dedicated to the Best Food in Social Media
The Daily Meal brings you the biggest news from the food world.
Worker Fired for Fleeing Armed Robbery: An assistant manager in Dayton, Ohio, was fired after fleeing the restaurant during an armed robbery; the company said it was because she violated company rules by being alone in the restaurant. [Consumerist]
Morimoto to Open Restaurant in Maui: The Iron Chef will open in Hyatt's luxury Andaz resort in Maui. [USA Today]
Todd English's Ex Reaches Plea Deal for Shoplifting: The woman English so famously left at the altar reached a plea deal for a shoplifting spree in 2009. [New York Post]
Photos of a Food Desert: Check out photos of Detroit's grocery stores, by photographer Noah Stephens. [Huffington Post]
Spago Gets $4M Facelift: Wolfgang Puck's Los Angeles restaurant was renovated for its 30th birthday. [Nation's Restaurant News]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts