- 8 Cups peeled, cored, and chopped apples
- 12 Ounces fresh cranberries
- 2 Tablespoons vegan butter
- 1/2 Cup stevia, plus more to taste
- 2 Cups gluten-free oats
- 2 Cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla extract, preferably organic
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon, preferably organic
- 1/2 Teaspoon allspice, preferably organic
- 1/2 Teaspoon nutmeg, preferably organic
- 1/4 Teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 Cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 Cup almond milk
- 1 Cup dairy-free coconut milk ice cream, for serving (optional)
Delicious, simple, and soon to be a favorite, this cobbler recipe is also gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan. Nothing beats the tart zing of fresh cranberries mellowed out by the smooth sweetness of baked apples, and that's exactly what you get with this simple dessert.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Combine the apples and cranberries in a large, glass baking dish. In a large bowl, blend the vegan butter, stevia, oats, flour, baking powder, vanilla extract, spices, and sea salt.
Add the maple syrup and almond milk. Drop the cobbler mixture by the spoonful onto the apple and cranberry mixture. Pat down the cobbler mixture and sprinkle with additional stevia, if desired.
Bake until golden brown, for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven. Set aside for 5 minutes before serving. Top with a scoop of dairy-free ice cream, if desired.
Calories per serving:420 calories
Dietary restrictions:High Fiber, Low Sodium Vegan, Vegetarian, Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Wheat Free