- World Coconut Day
- Blueberry Popsicle Day
Bourdain's Book Line Announces 2013 Lineup
Recipe of the day
- A Slice of Americana: An Interview with Craig Priebe of ‘The United States of Pizza’
- A New Kind of Kosher: An Interview with Kim Kushner of ‘The New Kosher Cookbook’
- Top 10 Ways Julia Child Changed the Way We Cook
- An Interview with Chris Fischer, author of ‘The Beetlebung Farm Cookbook’
- Oyster Secrets and Tips From Celebrity Chef Marc Murphy
First up is Los Angeles food truck chef Roy Choi and his memoir slash cookbook Spaghetti Junction: Riding Shotgun with an L.A. Chef. The book will supposedly enlighten readers and explain "why only Los Angeles could have raised a boy like Roy, and why only a boy like Roy can show you what Southern California regional cooking looks, smells and tastes like."
Ecco has also picked up Prophets of Smoked Meat from Daniel Vaughn, of Full Custom Gospel BBQ, as well as a memoir from kickboxer Mark Miller (called Fight Shark). Makes sense, seeing as Bourdain's wife is all up in that Jiu-Jitsu scene.
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts