Anthony Bourdain Cancels Chicago Hot Dog Shoot
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
- Is Papa John a Pizza Traitor? Pizza Mogul Caught Eating Slice with Knife and Fork
- Neil Gaiman, Jeffrey Eugenides, and More Join Chipotle’s Cultivating Thought Series
- Guy Fieri’s Proposed ‘Hunt-Ryd’ Sonoma County Winery Rejected by Zoning Board
- Here’s an Amazing Photo of Chef José Andrés Hanging Out with a Stingray at the Cayman Cookout
- World Champion Boxer Floyd Mayweather, Jr. Says He and Gordon Ramsay will Open the World’s Best Restaurant Together
If you ever want to cross Anthony Bourdain (other than by being Paula Deen), all you have to do is advertise his appearance at your restaurant.
Earlier today, Bourdain posted a photo on Twitter of a sign advertising his appearance at a hot dog stand this coming Saturday. "Come and enjoy the filming and $1.00 Hot Dogs, All the trimmings, no fries included. Limit 2," the sign read.
Bourdain, however, was not happy. "How NOT to get your place on TV: #cancelthatshoot!" he tweeted.
Turns out, the place was Budacki's Drive-In in Chicago, which was schedule for a slot on The Layover. "Very disappointed to miss out on Budacki's hot dogs," Bourdain later tweeted. "But unhappy that the shoot was advertised as a 'personal appearance' and marketing device."
Turns out, Bourdain dislikes having people know he's going to be there in advance, wanting to shoot on an average day. "A staged 'audience' screws that whole dynamic up," he tweeted. Budacki's must have made a mistake, since Bourdain claims that the production team makes this request "explicitly clear in advance." Future restaurants, be warned.
Jessica Chou is an associate editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @jesschou.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts