Anne Hathaway Celebrates Engagement with Vegan Cupcakes, and More
In this week's Celebrity Scene, David Arquette's chicken limo, Ellen pokes fun at Pillsbury, and the Giants go hard during the Super Bowl celebration
In light of a Giant victory, the week started off a little slow. But a few of our favorite famous faces made headlines for some food-related news, especially with cupcakes.
• Lindsay Lohan's dad recently applied for a job at Burger King as a way to help the Celebrity Rehab star "slowly assimilate back into society." [Daily Mail]
• Ellen DeGeneres responded to an anti-gay group of mothers with a little help from a pantless doughbouy. [TIME]
• During the Super Bowl weekend in Indiannapolis, funnyman David Arquette and a bunch of his buddies cruised around in a chicken-shaped limo. We're not kidding. [Twitter]
• Anne Hathaway celebrated her engagement to fiancé Adam Shulman with a little bit of vegan sweetness. [People]
• In other cupcake news, Betsey Johnson shelled out some trademark pink cupcakes for Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week. [The Daily Meal]
• The Giants toasted their Super Bowl victory with a pretty luxe bottle of champagne. [Wine Spectator]
• They may be the first children, but Malia and Sasha Obama are not allowed to "pig out" in the White House kitchen. [Us Weekly]
The Daily Byte is a regular column dedicated to covering interesting food news and trends across the country. Click here for previous columns.