Anne Burrell's New York Restaurant and More News
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Students Allegedly Served 6-Year-Old Meat in School
- We Want to Know: Who Serves the Best Burger in America?
- Texas Commissioner Wants Deep Fryers in School Cafeterias Because ‘It’s About Freedom’
- People Are Angry That Whole Foods Donated Sandwiches to the National Guard in Baltimore
- Twitter Has Launched an Account Dedicated to the Best Food in Social Media
The Daily Meal brings you the biggest news from the food world.
Beer Consumption Down in Germany: Apparently beer consumption is down 1.8 percent (2.55 billion gallons) since last year. The world is ending. [AP]
Tru's Levitating Food: Chef Anthony Martin uses liquid nitrogen, a magnetic top, and quantum mechanical properties (we're just repeating science-y words) to make food levitate. Here's video proof. [Grub Street]
Tomato Deal: The U.S. and Mexico have agreed on cross-border trade for tomatoes, raising minimum sales price for Mexican tomatoes in the U.S. [NY Times]
Anne Burrell's Plans: Burrell is finally working on getting together a New York restaurant with an Italian slant. [Zagat]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts