Anne Burrell's New York Restaurant and More News
Today on The Daily Meal
- Cook and Janitor of Nursing Home Kept Working without Pay Because 'If We Left, They Wouldn't Have Nobody'
- Outpouring of Appreciation for Cook and Janitor Who Stayed Behind at Shuttered Nursing Home (and How You Can Help)
- 8 Irish Whiskies Beyond Jameson
- America’s Unhealthiest Fast Foods
- 8 Great Thanksgiving Toasts for Every Family
The Daily Meal brings you the biggest news from the food world.
Beer Consumption Down in Germany: Apparently beer consumption is down 1.8 percent (2.55 billion gallons) since last year. The world is ending. [AP]
Tru's Levitating Food: Chef Anthony Martin uses liquid nitrogen, a magnetic top, and quantum mechanical properties (we're just repeating science-y words) to make food levitate. Here's video proof. [Grub Street]
Tomato Deal: The U.S. and Mexico have agreed on cross-border trade for tomatoes, raising minimum sales price for Mexican tomatoes in the U.S. [NY Times]
Anne Burrell's Plans: Burrell is finally working on getting together a New York restaurant with an Italian slant. [Zagat]
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts