Americans Drink Average of 4 Drinks per Week, Survey Says
Recipe of the day
- The Best Food Safety Tips for Blizzards
- Gordon Ramsay and 9 Other Chefs Who Cheated Death
- Michael Moore, Seth Rogen Banned from Michigan Restaurant over ‘American Sniper’ Comments
- Healthy and Fast: Wholesome Meals You Can Make in 30 Minutes or Less
- What is the Most Nutritious Vegetable You Could Have?
In the yearly State of the Drink survey, Gallup has discovered that the majority of Americans like a drink every now and then.
Gallup recently updated its annual survey of America's drinking habits, and found that at least two-thirds of Americans drink occassionally. And of those surveyed this past July, a little more than half said they had between one and seven drinks in the last seven days, averaging to about four drinks per week. When asked about their preferred drink, men and women had two different answers: more than half of men went for beer, and more than half of women went for wine. Beer's also the main choice for the 18-to-34 crowd, while those older than 55 preferred wine.
While most of the survey answers seemed to be on par with last year's, there was one surprise: 22 percent of those surveyed said they "sometimes drink too much," up from 17 percent from last year. Check out the rest of Gallup's survey, and see what your fellow Americans are drinking.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts