- World Coconut Day
- Blueberry Popsicle Day
Amanda and Merrill on Food52 Volume 2
Merrill Stubbs and Amanda Hesser dish on their newest cookbook
Recipe of the day
- A Slice of Americana: An Interview with Craig Priebe of ‘The United States of Pizza’
- A New Kind of Kosher: An Interview with Kim Kushner of ‘The New Kosher Cookbook’
- Top 10 Ways Julia Child Changed the Way We Cook
- An Interview with Chris Fischer, author of ‘The Beetlebung Farm Cookbook’
- Oyster Secrets and Tips From Celebrity Chef Marc Murphy
Amanda Hesser and Merrill Stubbs started with a concept to crowdsource a cookbook and along the way they built a large community of home cooks at their site, Food52. After the success of the first book one year ago, they immediately started over to make the second. And from that has come the new Food52 Cookbook Volume 2: Seasonal Recipes from Our Kitchens to Yours.
It’s a continuation of the purpose of Food52. As Stubbs says, “We were planning all along to have a volume two because it has to do with how we started Food52”. On what’s different, Hesser has a few observations, “You will notice its a slightly shorter book. We’ve kind of gotten our system down better and its like the book has kind of come together in a stronger way.” But like the first book, “it’s a snapshot in time of what people are obsessed with” in a given year.
Yet with this book they feel Food52 has evolved. Stubbs notes, “We started with really just one project and since the first book we’ve added layers onto the site... It’s in the same spirit, but the site has burgeoned.”
For more on the book and what recipes the authors recommend watch the video above!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts