- Craig Claiborne born (1920)
ALF to Open President-Themed Restaurant?
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- This Advertisement Claims Chipotle Is Making People Fat
- Kraft Is Expanding Their American Singles Recall to Include Thousands More Cases of Cheese
- It'll Make You Crazy to See What 100 Calories Looks Like at America's Leading Fast Food Chains
- The Daily Dish: September 4, 2015
- Arby’s Cashier Refuses to Provide Service to Florida Police Officer
Gravy, the 145-seat Southern restaurant opened by Kenneth Halberg and Andrew Barnett (formerly of the Glazier Group) and chef Michael Vignola, couldn't manage to figure out New York's Flatiron District, and will be closing this summer after little more than a year making a go of it. There's already something going on behind the brown paper in the windows at 32 East 21st Street, but what? If the pictures taped up above the paper are any indication, ALF will be opening a restaurant dedicated to America's founding fathers. There's George Washington, Ben Franklin, and — if the glare isn't distorting their visages — Thomas Jefferson and James Madison, sandwiching everyone's favorite fuzzy '80s sitcom alien. It's obviously an inside joke. Anyone get it? Clue us in with a tip.
Follow The Daily Meal's executive editor Arthur Bovino on Twitter.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts