- Albert Roux born
- Piereogi Day
Adobo Chicken Tacos
- 1 package 24-ounces adobo chicken, such as Marcela Valladolid
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1 medium white onion, peeled and diced
- 1/3 Cup fresh cilantro, washed and roughly chopped
- 2 avocados, peeled and sliced
- 1 Cup fresh salsa or pico de gallo
- 1 Cup Mexican crema
This yummy Mexican dish is easy to make, affordable, and fast.
“The ready-to-cook Adobo Chicken is perfect for anyone with a busy life,” says Safeway Executive Chef Jeff Anderson. “I can pull this dish together in under half an hour!”
Cook the adobo chicken according to the instructions on the package. Transfer to a plate and keep warm while you prepare remaining ingredients.
Heat the tortillas for 15 to 20 seconds on both sides in a frying pan or griddle/comal, or directly over a gas flame on low-heat. To keep warm, wrap in a kitchen towel until ready to assemble the tacos.
Dice meat into small cubes. To assemble, place meat, onions, cilantro and avocado on top of a tortilla and top with a drizzle of crema. Serve with fresh salsa or pico de gallo.