Kraft String Cheese Recalled
Recipe of the day
- Häagen-Dazs Teams Up with Six Artisans Around the Country for Latest Ice Cream Collection
- 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Wonder Bread
- Attention: The Girl Scouts Have Come Out With a Thin Mint Ice Cream Sandwich
- Cotton Candy Oreos Are the Newest Product from the Oreo Rumor Mill
- High-Tech Utensils Prevent You From Overeating
Kraft string cheese has been pulled following reports that some packages might spoil before their expiration dates, the company said.
According to Yahoo News, Kraft has recalled about 750,000 cases of Kraft and Polly-O string cheese. The affected packages of pullable, shreddable cheese are printed with "best if used by" dates between October 25 and February 11, but the company says there is a chance the cheese could go bad and change color before the printed dates.
The company said it recalled the string cheese voluntarily after receiving several reports from customers who contacted Kraft to say their cheese had gone bad before the "best by" date. Kraft says it has temporarily stopped production and distribution of the string cheese while it tries to figure out what went wrong with the string cheese to make it go off early.
Kraft said that customers who find themselves in possession of the problematic cheese should not eat it. The cheese should be returned for an exchange or a refund.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts