- Nathan Myhrvold born (1959)
Facebook Users Ply Krispy Kreme for Free Donuts
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- Subway Employees Set World Sandwich-Making Record
- Buffet Restaurant Measures Kids to Determine Meal Price
- Four Seasons’ DUO Pairs Locally Sourced Steaks and Seafood on Maui
- Live the High Life at SixtyFive in Rockefeller Center, Offering ‘Gin & Jazz’ Every Friday in August
- A New High-End Pizzeria Plans to Go National
Don’t say the Internet hasn’t done anything for us lately, because thousands of stalwart Facebook fans have successfully wheedled Krispy Kreme into declaring Dec. 12 (12-12-2013) a donut holiday.
According to Foodbeast, this Thursday, Dec. 12, will be the "Day of the Dozens" at Krispy Kreme stores around the U.S. and Canada. In the initial announcement, Krispy Kreme teased its thousands of Facebook fans that if its "Day of the Dozens" Facebook post were shared 12,000 times, the company would offer a free dozen glazed original donuts with the purchase of a dozen on Dec. 12. Facebook users do not kid around about free food, and in no time at all the post was actually shared more than 93,000 times, so the deal is on.
A coupon will be necessary to get the free dozen donuts this Thursday, but that coupon is available online here. It can be printed out, or just called up on one's mobile device and shown at the store.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts