9 Guilt-Free Candies That Won’t Derail Your Diet
Recipe of the day
- Beyoncé Poured a Bottle of Crazy-Expensive Champagne Into a Hot Tub and People Are Freaking Out
- A New ‘Breaking Bad’ Bar in London Lets You Don Gas Masks and ‘Cook’ Your Own Cocktails
- Bill Murray Jumps Out of a Cake for His Last David Letterman Appearance
- Bone Thugs-N-Harmony Rapper Saves Man Who Lost Control of His Car While in Diabetic Distress
- As ‘Mad Men’ Ends, Coca-Cola’s Iconic ‘I’d Like to Buy the World a Coke’ Is Don Draper’s Legacy
As the new year arrives, we make tons of promises to ourselves: This is the year we quit that job, find that dream apartment, and lose all of that holiday weight. The latter is perhaps one of the more universal resolutions made in the first month of the new year. And it is probably fair to say that it is also the resolution abandoned most often.
When it comes to dieting we operate in extremes, going from zero to healthy in two minutes flat. But denying yourself all the joys of sweets may not be the best plan. So that you don’t have to completely avoid candy, we found some of the best sweet options for you to indulge in while staying on track. While you are rooting through that candy dish, there are certain candies you should be on the lookout for that are the healthiest choices for a little sweet indulgence.
For instance, a handful of Reese’s Pieces can satisfy a sweet tooth craving for less than 100 calories. If you’re looking for a sugar rush, you can help yourself to an entire roll of Smarties for only 25 calories. Need a chocolate fix? Try savoring a single Hershey’s Kiss for 22 calories.
Of course, all of these should be enjoyed in moderation. We aren’t suggesting you eat only sweets, but dieting doesn’t have to be excruciating. Break up the monotony and indulge intelligently with these semi-healthy sweet options!
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts