- Moldy Cheese Day
America’s 8 Best Hotels for Afternoon Tea
Recipe of the day
- How to Eat Off the Grid When the Apocalypse Comes
- Love Chocolate? Love Craft Beer? Book a Flight to Portland Immediately For These Delicious Treats
- Dos and Don’ts for Tea Around the World
- 10 Healthy Snacks to Bring on Your International Flight
- A Georgia Classic: The Ritz-Carlton Lodge, Reynolds Plantation
Taking afternoon tea at a luxurious hotel is quite a posh indulgence. For about hour-and-a-half, you can sit in lavish surroundings, sip fine teas, and nosh on finger foods — all for a relatively nominal fee. In short, it’s one of the best ways to spend an afternoon. And that’s exactly why you should put "having high tea" on your list of things to do when traveling.
Lucky for you, these eight picks in hotels across the country impress with their teatimes. Expect high-quality tea, creative small plates, and yes, sometimes even live harpists. Just to sweeten the entire experience, most of the tearooms on this list are so lush you’ll feel just like royalty. The Drake Hotel in Chicago has even seen the likes of Princess Diana and Queen Elizabeth partake in its Palm Court room. Other tea rooms hold special events, making teatime even more indulgent.
View our top eight picks for hotel tea rooms around the country so you’ll know exactly where to go next time you want to feel just like royalty without the sky-high prices that usually accompany it.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts