- Lorenzo Delmonico born (1881)
Best Places to Celebrate Halloween
Today on The Daily Meal
Recipe of the day
- La Tomatina, Spain’s 70th Annual Tomato-Throwing Festival, Is Today’s Google Doodle
- The Craziest Corn Mazes in America
- From Farms to Orchards: The Top Places to Pick Apples in America
- This Unbelievable Bacon Brisket Bomb Won First Place at the Iowa State Fair
- The Food Film Festival: Where You Can Eat Whatever You See on Screen
Where should you go when you want to get in the spirit of Halloween? America has several spooky towns with equally eerie events to turn the brave into timid travelers.
From re-enactments of the Salem witch trials and a silent supper in honor of the dead in Salem, Mass., to traversing a haunted plantation and boarding a glowing ghost ship in Cape Fear, N.C., these small towns are brimming with brew fests, ghoulish goodies, and frightful festivals.
Whether you are one of the estimated 41 million trick-or-treaters in the U.S., according to the U.S. Census, or just looking for a Halloween-inspired location for your next vacation, America’s 7 Spookiest Towns are sure to put you in the Halloween spirit.
Lauren Mack is the Travel Editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @lmack.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts