Best Places to Celebrate Halloween
Recipe of the day
- NYC Wine & Food Fest Returns with Midnight Jazz Breakfast, the Art of Sushi, and More
- The Winners of the 2015 Memphis in May World BBQ Cooking Contest
- Here’s a Sneak Peek at the Atlanta Food & Wine Festival 2015
- Punta Mita Gourmet & Golf: A Sumptuous Event in Mexico
- The Romería, an Ancient Spanish Festival, Finds a New Home in South Carolina
Where should you go when you want to get in the spirit of Halloween? America has several spooky towns with equally eerie events to turn the brave into timid travelers.
From re-enactments of the Salem witch trials and a silent supper in honor of the dead in Salem, Mass., to traversing a haunted plantation and boarding a glowing ghost ship in Cape Fear, N.C., these small towns are brimming with brew fests, ghoulish goodies, and frightful festivals.
Whether you are one of the estimated 41 million trick-or-treaters in the U.S., according to the U.S. Census, or just looking for a Halloween-inspired location for your next vacation, America’s 7 Spookiest Towns are sure to put you in the Halloween spirit.
Lauren Mack is the Travel Editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @lmack.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts