- Alton Brown born (1962)
Best Places to Celebrate Halloween
Recipe of the day
- 620 Square Miles of Food Celebration and Conservation in Milan
- Disney World’s 2015 Epcot Food & Wine Festival Details Are Finally Released
- A Peek at the Relais & Châteaux Gourmet Festival at Carmel-by-the-Sea
- Tokyo's Robot Restaurant Puts Cat Cafes to Shame
- Atlanta Food & Wine Festival 2015: An Overview
Where should you go when you want to get in the spirit of Halloween? America has several spooky towns with equally eerie events to turn the brave into timid travelers.
From re-enactments of the Salem witch trials and a silent supper in honor of the dead in Salem, Mass., to traversing a haunted plantation and boarding a glowing ghost ship in Cape Fear, N.C., these small towns are brimming with brew fests, ghoulish goodies, and frightful festivals.
Whether you are one of the estimated 41 million trick-or-treaters in the U.S., according to the U.S. Census, or just looking for a Halloween-inspired location for your next vacation, America’s 7 Spookiest Towns are sure to put you in the Halloween spirit.
Lauren Mack is the Travel Editor at The Daily Meal. Follow her on Twitter @lmack.
Be a Part of the Conversation
Join the Daily Meal's Community and Share your Thoughts